Stock Market Project 2013
Company
|
1 year ago
|
Nov. 18
|
Nov. 19
|
Nov. 20
|
Nov. 21
|
Nov. 22
|
Change first week
|
Google inc.
GOOG
|
$668.21
|
$1,031.55
|
$1,025.20
|
$1,022.31
|
$1,034.07
|
$1,031.89
|
+$0.34
|
Ford Motors
F
|
$10.83
|
$16.98
|
$16.87
|
$16.92
|
$17.09
|
$17.01
|
+$0.03
|
Coca-Cola
KO
|
$37.24
|
$40.17
|
$40.14
|
$40.06
|
$40.43
|
$40.43
|
+$0.26
|
Apple inc.
AAPL
|
$565.73
|
$518.63
|
$519.55
|
$515.00
|
$521.14
|
$519.80
|
+$1.17
|
Amazon.com
AMZN
|
$229.71
|
$366.18
386.95
|
$364.94
|
$362.57
|
$368.92
|
$372.31
|
+$6.13
|
Company
|
Nov. 25
|
Nov. 26
|
Nov. 27
|
HOLIDAY
(Nov. 28)
|
Nov. 29
|
Change second week
|
Google inc. GOOG
|
$1,045.93
|
$1,058.41
|
$1,063.11
|
N/A
|
$1,059.59
|
+$13.66
|
Ford Motors
F
|
$16.94
|
$16.87
|
$17.03
|
N/A
|
$17.08
|
+$0.14
|
Coca-Cola
KO
|
$40.37
|
$40.25
|
$40.19
|
N/A
|
$40.19
|
-$0.18
|
Apple inc. AAPL
|
$523.74
|
$533.40
|
$545.96
|
N/A
|
$556.07
|
+$32.33
|
Amazon.com
AMZN
|
$376.64
|
$381.37
|
$386.71
|
N/A
|
$393.62
|
+$16.98
|
Company
|
Dec. 2
|
Dec. 3
|
Dec. 4
|
Dec. 5
|
Dec. 6
|
3 weeks change
|
Percent change over the year
|
Google inc. GOOG
|
$1,054.48
|
$1,053.26
|
1,058.18
|
$1,057.34
|
$1,069.87
|
+$38.32
|
+60%
|
Ford Motors
F
|
$17.06
|
$16.56
|
$16.62
|
$16.74
|
$16.70
|
-$0.28
|
+54%
|
Coca-Cola
KO
|
$40.08
|
$40.35
|
$40.37
|
$39.83
|
$40.46
|
+$0.29
|
+9%
|
Apple inc. AAPL
|
$551.23
|
$566.32
|
$565.00
|
$567.90
|
$560.02
|
+$41.39
|
-1%
|
Amazon.com
AMZN
|
$392.30
|
$384.66
|
$385.96
|
$384.49
|
$386.95
|
+$20.77
|
+68%
|
Stock Market Summary
When you buy a share in the stock market, you are putting the fate of your money in the stock market’s arms. Perhaps the shares you buy will earn you over a million dollars, or perhaps you will lose hundreds of thousands of dollars. However it works, investing in a company is not a choice to be taken lightly. There are hundreds of factors at work, pushing the companies to have higher priced-shares, or lower-priced shares, and a single problem can lose you hundreds.
I chose to follow the shares of Google, Ford, Coca-Cola, Apple, and Amazon. I chose Google because my uncle works in the Israeli branch of Google. I also chose to follow the shares of Ford Motors company because over the summer, my brothers became very interested in cars, and so when I was exploring the websites looking for stocks to follow I spotted it, and decided to watch it just for fun. I’m following Coca-cola because, although I’ve never tasted it, I would like to see how many people like it enough to buy shares of that extremely sugary drink-producing company. In addition to all those, I am following Apple inc. and Amazon.com too, because I would like to see how Apple, who produces all sorts of things like the iPhone and iPad, is doing, and I like Amazon.com that sells things through other stores - including books, toys, and other things.
During the fifteen days I watched these stocks, all of the stocks increased and decreased over the time. However, overall they all went up - except Ford, which decreased by about thirty cents. I was astonished, because Google went up by an amazing $38.32 in just fifteen days, and Amazon went up by a little over $20. That’s a lot of money in just three weeks! However, Coca-Cola only went up by 29 cents, and I was relieved to see not many people invest in a sugary drink making company, at least there is just a bit less money for the sugary Coca-Cola. And finally, Apple - that company went up a shocking $41.39, showing us that people think electronics are important. Then there will yet be funds for Apple in the next while.
I think that even though my stocks went up a lot lately, there is still a lot more improvement to the economy coming along - after all, look at the change from last November, in 2012. Google has gone up by over four hundred dollars in the past year, the prices of Amazon are skyrocketing by over one hundred fifty bucks, and almost all the stocks have gone up! I was shocked though that the prices of Apple have gone down, even if not by much (five bucks). I would have expected the prices of the shares to go up, because I would have thought people would buy shares - they are very famous and their iPhone, iPad, iTouch and more are all very popular. I think overall my stocks are pretty well-built and founded.
If I was to choose one of the five stocks to buy shares of I would choose Amazon, not because the stocks are very expensive, they’re about 385 dollars, but because over the past year they have increased by 68%. Overall I think the five stocks I have chosen are doing pretty well, and I think that Warren Buffett is right when he says that you should start to teach kids about the stock market when they are young. Once you know that, you can understand a lot!
Nicely written, Michal, especially your lead and introduction. I didn't know Google had increased that much, though I'm not really surprised. Good job.
ReplyDeleteThere's something else to consider when you want to invest some money in the stock market and that it not to put all your money in one stock. If you spread out your investments, you may gain in some and lose in others, but you are less likely to lose it all.
ReplyDelete