Basic Facts (O.O)-Oh! Now I get it!
- Gorillas live in groups of 6-12 apes, called troops. new learning (the 6-12 part)
- Gorillas are shy animals, generally active during the day. new learning (during the day)
- Gorillas eat leaves, berries, nuts, twigs, roots, vines, and herbs. knew that
- At night gorillas build nests out of leaves and branches, a new one every day. knew it
- Gorillas communicate with a range of different sounds, including grunting, hooting, shrieking, growling, panting, huffing and chuckling. interesting!
- Gorillas have a troop leader called a silverback for the gray hairs on his spine. known
- Lesser male gorillas are called black-backs. known as well
- Gorillas are coming close to extinction because of poaching and habitat loss. Oh! ('.')
- Gorillas are also ‘gentle giants’, just like whale-sharks - they only try to protect their babies. I knew that!
- Gorilla chest pounding is used by the silverback to scare away intruders. Too true
- Gorillas are kind creatures, who care about each other. yes indeed
- Some gorillas have been taught how to use sign language and how to type! I knew that
- Gorillas can't communicate with humans well, their mouth can't form the sounds. Hmm
red = knew
blue = new
(:-P)
P.S. I helped make that presentation!
No comments:
Post a Comment