Thursday, October 9, 2014

Wellness/Fitness 2014


A. How smoothly would your wellness wheel roll?

Well, I guess this isn't so much of a great wellness wheel. It's not too small - my smallest side is at 3.8 out of five which is more than half - but it wouldn't roll. Part of it is smaller than other parts. It's a bit unbalanced on the social side.

B. In which areas of your life are you most well? Explain.
Well, according to this test, I'm well off in spiritual. I'm just a more quiet, reflective person, I suppose; I enjoy silence and thinking and try to appreciate the beauty around me. I also try to understand others, and I ask 'big questions' too, such as 'where do we go when we die?'. I'm not too badly off in my physical health either; I could be more active I guess, but thanks to my mom (who keeps healthy snacks in the house, like carrots and apples and corn) and my dad (who takes us on bike rides and such) and myself (because I take care of my health), I'm not too bad at that. 

C. In which areas of your life are you least well? Explain (Review your Wellness Wheel answers to give yourself clues). 

Well, I could definitely improve at my social wellness. I don't really show my emotions very much and I don't have so many friends. I mean, I do have some, but I don't hang out with them outside of school or share my feelings with them. I could also get better at improving my psychological wellness, because I sometimes procrastinate and I don't always have literal unstructured play.

D. What improvements would you like to see in your wellness wheel? How can you achieve these?

Well, I guess I could spend more time with my family and my friends. I don't always do that. And I don't like telling others my emotions, that could improve but 90% for sure it won't. I could improve at doing physical activity, because I don't always do that either.

  1. Monday
    Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Thursday
    Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday
    PE - 85 minutesSpeedwalking - 15 minutesPE - 85 minutesPlaying downstairs (bike, rollerblades) - 30 minutesPE - 85 minutesBike ride - 50 minutesNone
  2. What healthy benefits of exercise caught your attention?
    Exercise can make you live longer.
  3. What benefit would you like to improve at?
    I'd like to be more athletic, I guess. I could improve at that, most definitely.
  4. In your opinion, are you getting enough exercise? Explain
    Not really. I don't get an hour a day except when I have PE and sometimes on Saturdays, and some days I actually don't go out of the house at all. I need to improve at that.
  5. If you need to make some changes, what are they and how will you achieve them? If you get enough exercise, how will you maintain?
    Well, I guess I'll have to set some times - after I do homework, before supper, perhaps - for me to just go downstairs and take a walk or rollerblade for half an hour/an hour. That alone would be a good change.
  6. List 3 ways in which exercise helps you maintain different areas of your wellness.
    Exercising helps maintain psychological wellness because it's refreshing and sometimes calming, physical wellness because of the moving around, and social wellness because it enhances self confidence.


No comments:

Post a Comment