When Mr. K (whose full last name, for those of you who don't know, is Mr. Koltutsky (pronounced Kohl-tusk-key) and yes, he's my last year's Social Studies teacher's husband) asked us to paint a color wheel, we all knew what to do, if not why:
Then, when he requested that we paint an intensity scale to show what it's like to mix colors on opposite sides of the color wheel VS with black or white, we did that too:
And THEN we got down to business, and started using popsicle sticks and sponges and other unusual materials, we drew ink paintings to produce some ideas and to loosen up our muscles to drawing:
Then we got down to the final work, took one of our ideas, and expanded on it. Here you can see my final draft...
Work in Progress... (I took out the girl reading and the path because I didn't want it, and added a heart-branch)
Finished!
Can you spot the person's face?
Now, for those of you interested, this is made with acrylic paint on canvas board. The title of it is "Heart of the Country". I'm proud of it, really, because I think it turned out pretty well - there are some lumps on it, though, that I should have omitted. I like it overall though, and if I could change something I would choose to add more color to the leaves of the tree.
Now, for those of you interested, this is made with acrylic paint on canvas board. The title of it is "Heart of the Country". I'm proud of it, really, because I think it turned out pretty well - there are some lumps on it, though, that I should have omitted. I like it overall though, and if I could change something I would choose to add more color to the leaves of the tree.
The title of the painting is taken from Anni-Frid's song =)







Great Job!!
ReplyDeleteI love your final painting (and I see the tree's face...), but I also like the many drawings you began with, with the popsicle stick as a beginning. You are so talented, my dear!
ReplyDelete