Hey everyone. It's me again! Is everyone excited?
... oh. Okay.
Anyway, I have something new to share with you – something from my art class – hang on, let me rummage through my files and find... aha! Right, here we go. One point perspective. Do you guys know what it is? No? Oh, that's a bummer. Go research it real quick. It'll only take you a moment and you'll understand this a lot better afterwards. Don't look at me like that, I don't have time to explain!
Voilà! What do you think? I'm proudest of the landscape; I usually can't draw landscapes very well at all. Particularly the mountain – the closest one – I love how it turned out, color-wise and also how it looks. And the water turned out well too. Also I like how the picture seems to fade, somewhat, into the distance – that's because I added the yellow glow and had less detail as it got "farther away" in the distance. I added the element of space into my drawing – that is, I made things look closer and farther away – by making the things that are "closest" bigger and more vibrant and dark in color. The objects in the distance are also slightly blurred by atmospheric haze, which is usually the same color as the sky (blue) but in this case yellowy because it's sunset (or sunrise? you choose).
If I did this all over again I would definitely improve the human because her skin is practically black here and it doesn't look good at all. (Not that I'm saying something against people with dark skin, but it's a browney-black and it looks awful regardless of what skin color she's supposed to have). Also I would probably adjust the motor at the back of the boat and change how I did the foamy stuff at the back of the boat that's all stirred up by the motor. That's about it, though; I'm pretty satisfied with this drawing.
Tools used:
- Prismacolor pencils
- HB pencils
- paper
Time taken:
Three or four class periods (45 minutes each)

I think you draw very well and you keep learning new techniques. It's an amazing skill you have!
ReplyDelete